Grand Galleria's Epicurean Delights
mustard & delicious recipes from Brian's kitchen
MUSTARD ... Not Just for Sandwiches!
A gourmet delight, BRIAN'S MUSTARD is an excellent appetizer.
It can be served with cheese and crackers, fresh soft pretzels, or sliced meats
or sausages. It's also delicious on turkey or ham sandwiches or in mixed tuna.
But BRIAN'S MUSTARD is more than a condiment! Why not try BRIAN'S MUSTARD when cooking? Here are a few favorites from Brian's kitchen:
- Wisk into oil and vinegar to add zip to vinaigrette salad dressings and to help the oil and vinegar emulsify.
- Swirl a dab into pan sauces to top chicken or your favorite seafood.
- Fold into tuna salad to cut the richness of the mayonnaise.
- Make a quick remoulade sauce by mixing about ½ cup mayonnaise with BRIAN'S MUSTARD, plus some minced capers, a squirt of lemon juice, and a pinch of cayenne.
- Baste over jumbo shrimp, scallops, or chicken on the BBQ as you grill.
- Add a spoonful to soups for
Look for more recipes below! » click here
Mustard powder, vinegar, sugar, eggs, flour. Refrigerate
for an 8 ounce jar
Find Brian's Mustard for Sale or Served with Meals
View Brian's Mustard Locations in a larger map (new window)
|Click the Printable
button to open a printer-friendly recipe card page.|
|3-2-1 Dressing *
3 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. BRIAN'S MUSTARD
Whisk together with salt, pepper, and either some diced shallot or a bit of fresh, crushed garlic.
Continue to whisk and add...
1 Tbsp. good-quality olive oil.
* This new dressing came to us from the kitchen of Alicia Gordon. It is GREAT!
|Brian's Mustard Glaze for Ham
4 Tbsp. BRIAN'S MUSTARD
1/4 cup brown sugar
2Tbsp. butter, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon,
1/4 tsp. ground cloves and a dash of salt.
Heat until melted, baste over the ham during the last
half of the cooking time.
Also great on BBQ chicken and pork chops.
|Baked Salmon With BRIANS MUSTARD
|3-4 fresh salmon filets
1/2 cup BRIAN'S MUSTARD
1/2 cup lemon yogurt
Place the salmon in a baking dish. Mix the mustard and yogurt and pour over the salmon. Sprinkle with chopped dill.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until done.
Serve over rice. Add a salad for a scrumptious meal! Enjoy!
|Winter Fruit Salad With Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
from the recipe file of Mr. K
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons diced onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon BRIAN'S MUSTARD
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
4 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup cashews
1/4 to 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 apple - peeled, cored and diced
1 pear - peeled, cored and sliced
- In a blender or food processor, combine sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard, and salt. Process until well blended. With machine still running, add oil in a slow, steady stream until mixture is thick and smooth. Add poppy seeds, and process just a few seconds more to mix.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the romaine lettuce, shredded Swiss cheese, cashews, dried cranberries, apple, and pear. Pour dressing over salad just before serving, and toss to coat.
|Baked Pork Chops with Apples, Onions, and BRIAN’S MUSTARD Sauce
|4 1" thick pork chops
1 tsp. fresh thyme
1 tsp. fresh rosemary
3 large Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
3 large sweet onions
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 cup BRIAN'S MUSTARD
Mix the herbs. Sprinkle over the chops and brown lightly in a little olive oil. Transfer to a baking dish. Add the apple juice and the BRIAN'S MUSTARD. Top with the apples and sliced onions.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until done. Bon Appétit!
|Chicken Sauté With BRIANS MUSTARD
|2 tsp. butter and olive oil for sautéing
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 sweet onions, sliced
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup white wine or chicken stock
1/2 cup BRIAN'S MUSTARD or more, depending on taste
Sauté the garlic and onions in the butter and olive oil for 3 to 5 minutes.
Add the chicken breasts and wine or chicken stock. Drizzle BRIANS MUSTARD over the checken.
Sauté for 30 minutes or until done.
Serve over brown rice. Add a green salad for a wonderful meal!